What is Polyjet?
PolyJet is a powerful 3D printing technology that produces smooth, accurate parts, prototypes and tooling. With microscopic layer resolution and accuracy down to 0.1 mm, it can produce thin walls and complex geometries using the widest range of materials available with any technology.
How PolyJet works
PolyJet 3D Printing works similarly to inkjet printing, but instead of jetting drops of ink onto paper, PolyJet 3D Printers jet layers of curable liquid photopolymer onto a build tray.:
The process is simple:
- 1. Pre-processing: Build-preparation software automatically calculates the placement of photopolymers and support material from a 3D CAD file.
- 2. Production: The 3D printer jets and instantly UV-cures tiny droplets of liquid photopolymer. Fine layers accumulate on the build tray to create one or several precise 3D models or parts. Where overhangs or complex shapes require support, the 3D printer jets a removable support material.
- 2. POST-processing: The user easily removes the support material by hand, with water or in a solution bath. Models and parts are ready to handle and use right out of the 3D printer, with no post-curing needed.
Benefits of PolyJet 3D Printing
PolyJet technology offers exceptional detail, surface smoothness and precision.
- Create smooth, detailed prototypes that convey final-product aesthetics.
- Produce accurate molds, jigs, fixtures and other manufacturing tools.
- Achieve complex shapes, intricate details and delicate features.
- Incorporate the widest variety of colors and materials into a single model for unbeatable efficiency.